Monday, September 05, 2005

Saturday Gaming

I know posting on the blog has been sporadic, but I'd like to try for a post every week from here on.

Last Saturday was a fun session of gaming, as I got to road-test two decks.

I found my newly-built Presence deck a tad clunky, as it couldn't do much because of the heavy voting on the table. I couldn't vote effectively, and the only reason why I got so far was that Haig, who was my prey, kept on taunting Charlie, my predator, about beating up on her vamps. As a result, she helped me vote him off the table. I then bled out Tatel, whose Mata Hari deck was having some problems, prompting him to scream, "Your deck sucks!!!" at Paul every so often. I think this was a matter of Charlie choosing who would get the VPs, as Vitel and Lucinde pretty much controlled the table.

Paul was using a !Nossie deck built around Black Annis and Aeron, and was pretty effective in pummelling Charlie's voters, but it didn't have enough bleed to get through her pool wall. Also, by the time it was just Paul, Charlie and me, Paul didn't have any library left, which limited his combat options. In effect, we conceded the first game to Charlie, because it looked certain that she would get the table win.

The Auspex deck fared a little better, although I had to leave early. Placing a Blood Doll and a Cooler on Tauber facilitated playing Smiling Jack; I probably would've gotten to 5-6 counters without draining my pool. My favorite point: Remilliard blocked Ruth McGinley's Purge, even after +4 stealth, and then maneuvered away and shot her.

I got the Smiling Jack to three counters before I left.

I'm looking forward to two upcoming things: one, is the Infernal Plague storyline, and the release of the Legacy of Blood. I don't really care about the new clans, but I do care about the Samedi and Blood Brother cards. I wonder what Genina will be like? Definitely superior Obfuscate and maybe Thanatosis, but beyond that, I've a blank.

I only wish that we could find some retailer to stock the cards on a regular basis.

No comments: