Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Three Rounds of Fun

Had some of the older players over at the house yesterday, and we had three games of really exciting VTES play.

Some of the highlights:

P's Gehenna/Beckett deck was an awesome creation. I only wish I could try something like it. By the time he won (or was it C?), six (6) Gehenna events were in play, and they put a big hurt on my Animalism weenie deck.

Apparently, Big J is well-known for his bleeding tendencies, as it was with mild shock that we realized that his deck could also fight.

C and I fought to the bitter end in the third game, with her Tremere "Mosquito Coast" version holding my !Brujah pitchers at bay. But, in the final count, I had just too many minions for her to handle, and, after burning Merrill Molitor, my pitchers cleared the way for me to win. By the time we were through, both of us only had less than a fourth of our library left.

It's been a while since I've played a good game, and, yesterday, I was blessed with three such games. I was able to observe different and varied strategies at work, and got a better view of how to manage the table and set it up.

I also learned the capabilities and weaknesses of three of my decks: City Gangrel, Animalism weenie, and !Brujah pitchers. By tweaking them, I should be able to come up with improvements, to be ready for the next round of bleeding.


No comments: