Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Upcoming Starter Decks

White Wolf has released a preview of what to expect from the upcoming Kindred Most Wanted in February. Four starter decks will be released: the Anathema, which will probably contain vampire who have angered the Camarilla one way or the other, the Alastors, which consist of the archons who make it their job to hunt down Anathema, and two clan-based decks, the Gangrel antitribu, and the Baali.

I'm really hoping to score with the Gangrel antitribu deck. Hopefully, it will be City Gangrel, which is a clan I'm planning to experiment with. What's ironic is that I probably now have all the necessary pieces to build the deck, so I'm not sure what's going to come out in the starter.

I'm puzzled at the choice of the Baali, considering how difficult being infernal is. Imagine having to spend one pool in order to untap the infernal minion. Reading the newsgroups, I'm of the school of thought that the deck will contain cards which will minimize the infernal quality of the vampires. Because of this, I've also decided to keep the Call the Great Beast for now. Who knows? Maybe I can engineer a better trade once people start playing the Baali. Or, on the other hand, if I get the Baali starter in the prerelease, I can incorporate the card into the deck.

No comments: