Friday, May 31, 2019

Forces Stirring

So, I hit the proverbial wall once more, and went a whole month without any writing done.

However, in the Manila scene, there are forces stirring.

The return of the game with the release of the four Sabbat preconstructed decks, as well as other products such as reprints of the Berlin anthology, the Keepers of Tradition set, and the bloodline sets (Heirs to the Blood and Lost Kindred), have attracted a few new players, as well as brought out an old player out of torpor. I've not met the old player yet, but he does have a handy venue located in the Cubao area, and has managed to stock the decks for sale. Hopefully, this will help spur on the growth of the game once more.

In my case, I've been introducing the game to my co-teachers, and about two of them have joined me in informal games at the workplace. With a little persuasion and a little bit of luck, we could catch the interest of one or two more, and have a complete table which will be closer to how the game is actually played.

On the tournament front, the Manila players held their first tournament since hosting the Asian Continental Championship last year. Dubbed the Blood Feud, the tournament was small (only 7-8 players all in all) but it did bring in two new players into the VTES scene. In my case, I tried out my Gotsdam the Tired Warrior deck, and it managed to net me a VP in the two rounds I played.


Slowly but surely, the game makes its comeback, as more players become interested.


No comments: