Sunday, February 24, 2019

On a Personal Note

I didn't realize that my last post on this blog before the previous one was five years ago.

Despite the game's going out of print in 2010, I've remained relatively active in the Manila VTES games. I competed in the local legs of the Asian Continental Championships: in 2011, in 2014 (Iloilo), and last year. Whenever I could, I would join the local games, first at Starbucks Tomas Morato, then Coco, just off T. Morato, and, then, finally, at a friend's house.

Late last year, though, I had a bit of a breakthrough, as I found two of my co-teachers who were interested in learning the games. This allowed me to introduce new players into the game, and, at the same time, form a gaming group at work (to play after hours, of course). By doing so, I rediscovered the thrill of teaching new players the game that I love.

At the same time, with new cards coming out, I started taking another look at my collection, and started getting ideas for new decks. I've also begun tweaking existing decks, by reconfiguring what they do; I'll probably be posting the deck lists in this blog.

And this blog. With the game coming back into print last year, I've been thinking of writing in the blog again, and at a more regular pace.

Not that I'm an expert at the game, not by a long shot. With the game's complexity, and having seen other players build decks that I wouldn't have imagined, I still have a long way to go in mastering this game. By writing in this blog again, I hope to make my thoughts more concrete, sort of a workbook for my ideas for decks and the game.

1 comment:

Ke said...

Welcome back!