Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Galleria Saturday

Fourteen Methuselahs descended upon Robinson's Galleria last Saturday, and had a fun afternoon of games and trading.

It was a particularly good gaming day for me, as I was able to test three decks, and engage in a fair bit of trading.

My Blood Brothers deck was able to torpor two of David's minions, but I didn't have enough time to set up against Charlie's deck.

The "Tiny Toons" disciplineless deck ("We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony"...) attempted to swarm Haig's Wynn deck, but, since Haig had already tweaked his deck to allow it to block, (which was something he didn't use to do), it was hard going, although I managed to Fame Vliam Andor, and torpor him.

The Auspex deck, while fun, needs a little more tweaking. The Smiling Jack didn't come out, and it was hard going trying to get past Haig, who was my prey twice today. Roy's Malkie deck behind me got me before I took Haig out.

Okay, so I didn't win any games, but it was still a fun afternoon. I was able to discover what strengths and weaknesses my decks had, and so I can tweak them in time for the next round of bleeding.

It was also a good day for trades, as I made some nice ones with Paul, Jay, Roy and Louie. I completed my Pack Alpha needs, got more Concealed Weapons (love that card), and got some more key vampires for my Celerity deck.

I think the next tournament is Merry Christmas, Methuselahs, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to go. But, I'll continue my tweaking, and be ready for bleeds galore the next time around.

No comments: