Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Infernal Plague Results

I made it to the final table two weeks ago at the Infernal Plague storyline event, my second finals table at a storyline tourney. Now if only my luck can extend to the sanctioned tournaments...

Anyway, I used my Gangrel combat and bleed, remodified with the Dragonbound event card. In the first round, my prey, R, served me and L up to my predator, which was one of the weirder experiences I've had in tournaments.

In the second round, I was luckier. My Dragonbound came out pretty early, so I was able to torpor L's vampires, and take him out. A Fame on one of D's vamps sealed his fate, and I took the table, which was enough to get me into the finals.

I lasted approximately 3-4 minutes in the finals table, thanks in large part to J's 5 Anarch Revolts. That, and I had made a colossal blunder. Instead of Sophia Watson and Gustavo Morales, I elected to bring out Brunhilde and Omaya. The larger vampires depleted my pool too quickly, and I fell to the infernalists. The rest of the finals match found me testing my City Gangrel deck with the other players.


No comments: